CMC Pineville Central Energy Plant
The Central Energy Plant replacement at Carolinas Medical Center in Pineville, NC consists of a new 22,000 SF plant. This new CEP will be located approximately 700 feet away from the existing hospital. The plant will provide energy to the future phase 2 tower expansion and will include the addition of a new electrical room in the existing hospital for existing essential loads. Decommissioning of the existing energy plant, while converting the existing hospital to new power, will then provide space for the future tower. The electrical portion of this project will consist of the following:
- Installation of four (4), 2 mega-watt, 5 KV generators.
- Installation of paralleling gear for above generator emergency power.
- Load shedding features.
- (1) 25 KV and (4) 5 KV, metal clad switchgear with electrically operated/remote controlled breakers.
- Normal power and switchgear to support the existing and future hospital loads.
- Intercepting and re-feeding existing essential power feeders in existing hospital.
- Extension of Duke Power Company primary loop.
- Duct bank system from the DPCO to the new CEP.
- Duct bank system from the new CEP to the existing hospital.
- Electrical for 5 KV chillers.
- Electrical for (3) boilers, pumps and (4) cooling towers.
- Lighting fixtures and branch wiring.
- Low voltage lighting controls system.
- Convenience outlets and branch wiring.
- SCADA controls system.
- Power Management System.
- Lightning protection system.